(Ref: Mohammad bin Jamil Zeno. THE PILLARS OF ISLAM & IMAN. Dar-us-Salam publications,
- Make your Hajj purely for the pleasure of Allah, saying:
"O Allah, this is a Hajj in which I have no desire for showing-off or reputation."
- Keep the company of pious people, and serve them, be patient if your neighbour annoys you.
- Beware of smoking or buying or selling cigarettes. Its is Haram (unlawful), harmful to
your body and to your neighbours and to your wealth, and lt is an act of disobedience to Allah,
- Use Miswak (tooth stick) to clean your mouth for every Salat (prayer).
- Beware of touching women or looking at them, and screen your women from other men.
- Do not climb over the people waiting for Salat, as it is annoying; occupy the closest available
place without disturbing others.
- Beware of passing in front of persons who are offering Salat, as this is an action from Shaitan's repertoire.
- Take time to pray devotedly, and pray towards a Sutrah (i g. a wall or the back of a man or bookcase,
etc and, lf you are following an Imam in Salat, his Sutrah is sufficient for those who follow him.
- Be gentle with your neighbours while performing Tawaf, and Sa'y, and stoning the Jamarah, and in
kissing the Black stone, gentleness is desirable in most actions.
- Beware of making Du'a to the dead Instead of Allah, as this is Shirk which will ruin your Hajj and
all good deeds. Allah, the Almighty, said: "..If you join others in worship with
Allah, (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain, and you will certainly be among the losers." (39:65)